Smith School of Business MBA program is one of the top programs there. The MBA program has a highly personalized approach that helps in Career advancement and development of leadership skills. The highlights of the Smith School of Business MBA program are-
- Impressive Career Outcomes
- Development of Leadership and Managerial Skills
- Skills Refinement and Development
- Blended Teaching Style
- Beautiful Campus
- International Exchange Programs
- Globally Recognised Faculty
The size of the class is 78. 46/ of the students are domestic students, 19/ of students are permanent residents and 35/ of students are international students. The average age of the class is 28 years and the average work experience is 4.2 years.
The Curriculum of the Program
The curriculum of the Smith School of Business MBA program consists of Business Fundamentals and Electives. The Business Fundamentals are Business Analytics, Business & Corporate Strategy, Business, Government & the Global Economy, Finance Fundamentals, Financial Accounting, Introduction to Digital Business, Leading with Integrity, Managing Human Capital, Marketing Fundamentals, Negotiations & Conflict Management, Operations & Supply Chain Management, Professional Communication Skills, and Integrated Project. You can also apply for MBA colleges in Canada for less fees.
The electives offered are Advanced Portfolio Management, Analytical Decision Making, Consumer Focused Marketing, Corporate Valuation & Mergers, and Acquisitions, Creating & Executing Market-Based Strategy, Decision-making in Competitive Environments, Digital Execution, Digital Transformation, Diversity and Inclusion in Organization, Dynamic Strategy Execution, Finance Strategy, Financing New Ventures, Global Strategy, Management Accounting, New Venture Management, Organizational Intelligence, and Strategy, Pricing Analytics, Risk Management, Sales Management, Strategic Project Management, Strategic Problem Solving and Insights, Strategies Service Operations, Strategy Implementation and Change, Topics in Analytics, Tri-color Venture Fund and Individual Project.
Specializations– The specialization offered by The Smith School of Business MBA program are- Consulting, Digital Business, Entrepreneurship & Innovation, Finance, Management Analytics, and Marketing & Sales.
The faculty members are-
- Len Anderson- Professor of Accounting
- Jon Aikman- Professor of Advanced Portfolio Management
- Laurence Ashworth- Professor of Marketing
- Evan Dudley- Professor of Finance
- Shai Dubey- Professor of Business Law, Negotiations and New Venture Management
- Jim Hamilton- Professor of Marketing
The application requirements for the Smith School of Business MBA program are-
- Completed Online Application Form
- Official Transcripts
- GMAT/GRE scores(600+)
- IELTS/TOEFL scores
- Cover Letter
- Two Professional References
- Two Video questions and One Written Response
- Personal Interview
Application Evaluation Parameters
The Smith School of Business is seeking exceptionally talented and self-motivated individuals who have demonstrated academic excellence, career progression, leadership potential and capabilities, a strong sense of ethics, superior communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to work in diverse environments.
Cost of the Program and Financial Aid
The cost of the Smith School of Business MBA program is $ 84,944 for domestic students and $105,600 for international students. The cost covers tuition and activity fees.
Additional Monthly Expenses
Accommodation- $800 to $1200
Food- $300 to $400
Phone + Internet- $100 to $ 200
Entertainment- $50 to $100
Miscellaneous- $100 to $ 200
The scholarships are-
- General Entrance Scholarships
- Federal Kreel MBA Scholarship
- Len Morrow MBA Scholarship
- Forte Scholarship
- Jim Leech MBA Scholarship
- MBA 1980 Class Scholarship
- Professor Norman Macintosh MBA Entrance Scholarship
- Government of Canada- International Student Scholarship
- Study in Canada Scholarship
The financing Options are-
- HDFC Credila
- RRSP Withdrawals
- Student Loans
- Ontario Student Assistance Program
98/ of the students accepted an offer within three months of post-graduation and 99/ of the students accepted an offer within six months of graduation. The average total compensation was $120,852( Including base salary, signing bonus, and guaranteed bonus).
The leading hiring sectors were Consulting, Finance, General Management, Business Development, Product Management, Data and Analytics, and Innovation.
The companies that participated in the hiring process were Deloitte, PWC, Gartner, Kearney, Walmart, and MERS.
The Smith School of Business MBA program’s strengths and weaknesses are-
- Impressive Employment Rates
- Blended Teaching Approach
- City Campus
- World-Class Faculty
- A myriad of Scholarship Options
- Low Acceptance Rate
- Rigorous and Intensive Admission Process